AGCO has expanded its current Kansas City, MO, AGCO Parts facility to a full-service parts distribution center (PDC). The facility, located in Independence, MO, covers 900,000 square feet and now includes $100 million of parts inventory, an increase of nearly 40%. To mark the official opening, more than 100 dealer representatives and customers toured the facility April 10 and 11 during grand opening activities.
The effort by AGCO to expand this center and increase its inventory is expected to improve order responsiveness by 66% and lower parts delivery times by two to three days, compared to previous efforts. Changes implemented will result in next-day delivery of in-stock parts and earlier delivery of emergency and priority shipments for nearly 90% of the dealers served by the Kansas City PDC. This is the third AGCO Parts facility to be upgraded to a full-service PDC in the last two years. Collectively, the upgrades offer significant benefits for customers to reduce shipping times, since now one-half (four of eight) of AGCO Parts’ North American PDC locations are full-stocking. These are just a few examples of efforts by the company to improve parts availability.
“As growers continue to increase the size of their operations, the need to minimize downtime becomes increasingly important,” says Joe DiPietro, director, Supply Chain, AGCO Parts. “Transitioning our Kansas City parts distribution center to a full-service location further illustrates AGCO’s commitment to support our dealers and their customers. This will provide faster service to our dealers and enhance their efforts to keep customers’ equipment in the field and performing at optimum levels.”
With its central location at the crossroads of major Interstate systems, the Kansas City facility serves dealers in the Midwest, northern Plains and eastern Mountain regions which are all important markets for AGCO Parts. Parts for all product lines from tractors and combines to tillage and application equipment are stocked there, with shipments to dealers made daily.
- Additional changes implemented by AGCO Parts across North America during the past three years that also are designed to improve customer experience include:
- an updated and reorganized inventory management system;
- increased dealers’ parts inventories
- revisions to online parts books, making it easier and faster to order the correct parts;
- PM360, a pro-active preventative maintenance program, designed to enhance machine uptime, resale value and operating efficiencies, as well as provide peace of mind and optimum machine productivity;
- extended customer service hours during planting, spraying and harvest seasons.
For more information about AGCO Parts, its products, services and in-season promotions click here.