Dow AgroSciences, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Dow Chemical Co., and Agricen, a Loveland Products Co. delivering biochemical-based solutions for efficient and sustainable plant nutrition, have announced the companies will co-host a new Webinar, “Sidedressing Nitrogen for Maximum Yields,” on Thursday, May 29 and Thursday, June 5.
The Webinar will feature Dr. Fred Below of the University of Illinois, who will discuss the role of sidedress nitrogen applications in addressing corn nutrient needs. It will also feature Chris Berry, Nitrogen Stabilizer Market Developer at Dow AgroSciences, and Brian Cornelious, PhD, Agricen’s Director of Applied Sciences, who will discuss how Instinct II nitrogen stabilizer and Accomplish LM can be used as complementary technologies to optimize corn yield and profit potential in a sidedress program.
• What: “Sidedressing Nitrogen for Maximum Yields” Webinar
• Hosted by: Dow AgroSciences & Agricen
• When: Thursday, May 29 & Thursday, June 5, 2014 at 8 am & 3 pm CT
• Where: Register online here.
• Presenters: Fred E. Below, PhD, Professor of Crop Physiology in the Department of Crop Sciences at the University of Illinois; Chris Berry, Nitrogen Stabilizer Market Developer, Dow AgroSciences; and Brian Cornelious, PhD, Director of Applied Sciences, Agricen
• Who Should Attend: Growers, crop consultants, agronomists and others interested in agricultural production and plant nutrition
“We are always striving to provide growers with high quality information that can improve production,” said Chris Berry, Nitrogen Stabilizer Market Developer, Dow AgroSciences. “This webinar gives them access to Dr. Fred Below, one of the top experts on the nutrient needs of corn, along with the latest data on two complementary technologies — Accomplish LM and Instinct II — that can be used with sidedress applications to ensure that growers minimize nitrogen loss and maximize nitrogen availability and uptake.”
“Growers want a good return on their sidedress nitrogen investment,” said Brian Cornelious, PhD, Director of Applied Sciences, Agricen. “The yield data we keep seeing shows that using Accomplish LM and Instinct II together is an excellent way to maximize that investment.”
The Webinar will prepare growers to enhance their nitrogen use efficiency by making a sidedress application at the right time and with the right technologies. Instinct II nitrogen stabilizer from Dow AgroSciences inhibits nitrification of applied nitrogen with UAN, urea or manure. Accomplish LM, a biochemical fertilizer catalyst from Agricen, increases nutrient availability and improves root growth to facilitate nutrient uptake. During the Webinar, participants will learn more about how these complimentary modes of action can help growers increase their nitrogen use efficiency in a sidedress program.