To say that crop protection practices are in a state of rapid transformation is no exaggeration. How do you keep up with it all?
The 2013 Edition of the MeisterPro CROP PROTECTION HANDBOOK, published by Meister Media Worldwide, is a compendium of more than 20,000 product names and descriptions, and more: It also keeps you up to date, using descriptive icons, on new technologies in biocontrols, seed coatings, premixes, plant stress management, reduced risk, and organics.
And in the HANDBOOK’S “emerging technologies” section you’ll find products that are further categorized and scoped out to more clearly define the exciting new technologies becoming available for the 2013 season.
The new 2013 Edition, due for publication in mid-January 2013, puts you on the cutting edge of crop protection with answers to questions about efficacy and environmental effects, and how varied modes of action among new technologies can overcome the expanding problems of insect, fungus and weed resistance to overused chemistries. Put yourself in a position to better understanding the complexities of crop protection products and manage your use of them.
A Stronger Package
The 2013 Edition is a particularly strong package with information on the emerging technologies which, put together with crop systems to offer a varied response, are overcoming the weaknesses of present day practices.
- Stay up-to-date on the wide, varied and exotic kinds of control agents available now in the biopesticides category, including pheromones, attractants and repellents, plant growth regulators and insect growth regulators, plant extracts, predators and parasitoids, bacterium and fungus, and entomopathogenic nematodes.
- Use resistance charts to see where resistance is developing, and to which products.
- Track newly emerging plant health/plant stress management products and their promise for control of insects, diseases and even weeds, as well as climatic factors like drought.
- See the product names that are revolutionizing seed coatings, extending control beyond early season and including insects as well as diseases.
- Keep up to date with transforming advances in chemigation products and practice.
- Get a handle on integrating Cry1Ab and other traits for plant-incorporated protectants with crop protection chemistry.
And there’s more. The HANDBOOK is portable, enhances your expertise, is fast (can be faster than an Internet search), and contains the most reliable, unbiased, science-based information you can find.
And in the 2013 edition you’ll find detailed information on 12 new active ingredients and more than 300 new product names. At your fingertips will be the many different trade names and formulations for the same active ingredients. You’ll even find out mode of action, LD50, and water solubility, and be able to compare newer products with older ones.
For anyone who uses or formulates or researches crop protection products, the HANDBOOK is the key to staying on top of a rapidly changing and increasingly complicated and beneficial science that vitally affects our food production and security.
Make sure your crop protection IQ is ahead of the competition and that you’re able to make the best decisions on the use of these important products. Putting the 2013 HANDBOOK on your desk, next to your checkout, or in your pickup is proof that you have done due diligence and will have the answers to questions that inevitably crop up during the year.
In this day and age when the buck stops with you, that’s just good business practice.
Pre-order the 2013 CROP PROTECTION HANDBOOK now and save 20% off the cover price. To order, go to cropProtectionHandbook.com, or call 800-572-7740, ext. 168. The 2013 edition of the HANDBOOK will be released in mid-January 2013.