Seven grain cooperatives were recognized by GROWMARK, Inc. with the Ceres award during the GROWMARK annual meeting.
The award, named for the Roman goddess of grain, is awarded to grain cooperatives that achieve excellence by meeting at least three out of the four following criteria: EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortization)/per storage capacity, return on invested capital, bushel retention, and GROWMARK’s capital guideline ratio.
Qualifying for the Ceres award, in alphabetical order, are:
- DeLand Farmers Cooperative Grain Co., Deland, IL. Dale Allen is the manager and James Reed is the president.
- East Lincoln Farmers’ Grain Co., Lincoln, IL. Paul Seaman is the manager and John Adams is the president.
- GRAINLAND Cooperative, Eureka, IL. Jeff Brooks is the manager and Tom Kennell is the president.
- Kasbeer Farmers Elevator Co. Cooperative, Kasbeer, IL. Joe Louis is the manager and Kenneth Bohm is the president.
- Minier Cooperative Grain Co., Minier, IL. Keith Swigart is the manager and Duane Haning is the president.
- Prairie Central Cooperative, Inc., Mark Heil is the manager and John Wahls is the president.
- Roanoke Farmers Association, Roanoke, IL. Terry Bline is the manager and Fred vogel is the president.