Monsanto unveiled a new design for its company blog, Beyond the Rows, making site navigation simpler and the blog easier to follow via social networking tools. The blog’s address is still the same, www.monsantoblog.com.
The blog, which debuted in February 2009, is one of many of Monsanto’s social media tools that the company uses to promote farmers’ work, agriculture, and the company’s products and news. Monsanto has also had a presence online for nearly two years on social media sites like Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and Flickr.
Here are some additions and changes to Beyond the Rows that will make the site experience more visually appealing and user-friendly:
- a feature window at the top that showcases three blog posts;
- RSS Feeds for individual bloggers, subjects, or the whole site;
- a new search feature that makes it easier to find specific posts;
- archives searchable by date; and
- Each blogger profile has a full bio, link to their Twitter profile and a list of the posts written by the blogger.