As a variety of global developments continue to keep grain prices high, Loveland Products’ C2 Technology products, a proprietary product line of Nutrien Ag Solutions, is an important solution that producers can leverage to manage key nutrients and micronutrients throughout the growing season.
“There are a variety of products in the C2 Technology portfolio that can be used throughout the growing season. C2 Technology ensures that these valuable nutrients and micronutrients are made available for plant uptake, meaning more vigorous plant growth and potentially more robust yields,” says Joe Vaillancourt, Product Marketing Manager with Loveland Products. “This increased uptake is important from both an economic and environmental standpoint – C2 Technology ensures the plants make the most of soil nutrients, giving growers the best return on their investment.”
A variety of developments around the world will continue to push higher demand for U.S. grain products including the deterioration of the Brazilian safrinha corn crop, an increase in China’s pig production and a lower forecast for carryover of corn and historically tight soybean carryover in the U.S., according to experts.
Strong demand means good prices, which means opportunity for U.S. crop producers. Nutritional solutions powered by C2 Technology from Loveland Products help unlock the power of the grower’s soil. These soil nutrition products are a unique nutrient management platform that drives nutrient-use efficiency and also improves soil health. C2 Technology products are a portfolio of soil nutrient products containing various carbon compounds, including carbohydrates, which boost biological activity in the soil. These products also improve the soil’s ability to hold nutrients and water.
How C2 Technology Works
- Unique carbon components in C2 technology drive chemical and biological activity in the soil and promote better soil structure.
- Proprietary extraction methods produce customized extractions of carbon-based compounds that meet the specific needs of each nutrient with which they are combined.
- The carbohydrates in C2 Technology act as a food source for beneficial soil microbes.
- These carbohydrates also assist in complexing nutrients, so they are more available to plants.
- Nutrients in the various products powered by C2 Technology are combined with carbon and carbohydrates to form protected nutrients. This process results in increased fertilizer efficiency and reduced soil tie-up.
- This complexing of nutrients also enables flexibility in application.