The Farmers Feed US program allows consumers the opportunity to meet and engage with the farmers who grow their food, at www.FarmersFeedUS.org. Through short online video farm tours, consumers learn how they produce safe, nutritious, and affordable food, while they also have the opportunity to register in a "Free Groceries for a Year" sweepstakes.
“We’re exceptionally pleased with the response to the sweepstakes and consumer interest in learning more about the farmers in their states,” says Terry Fleck, executive director of the Center for Food Integrity. “It shows that consumers are supportive of the hard working men and women who produce their food, and would like to understand more. FarmersFeedUS.org offers them that opportunity.”
Thirty-five farmers from five states are currently participating, representing a variety of commodity groups including:
- Ohio – beef cattle, dairy cattle, eggs, hogs, sheep, soybeans, turkeys
- Michigan – apples, beef cattle, corn, two dairies, eggs, hogs, sheep, soybeans, vegetables
- Indiana – beef cattle, corn, dairy cattle, eggs, fish, hogs, sheep, soybeans
- Missouri – beef cattle, corn, dairy cattle, hogs, soybeans
- Iowa – beef cattle, corn, dairy cattle, hogs, soybeans