The readers of No-Till Farmer magazine have weighed in on the products that performed the best in their no-till operations in 2008, citing Headline fungicide from BASF as the “No-Till Product of the Year.”
In addition to the overall Product of the Year award, no-till products in 11 specific categories were also selected as the best of their field for 2008. Each of the products and their manufacturers were honored during an awards ceremony before an estimated 800 no-tillers at the recent 17th annual National No-Tillage Conference.
The 2008 award winners by category are:
- No-Till Product of the Year: Headline fungicide, BASF.
- No-Till Equipment: Early Riser Planters, Case IH.
- Planter/Drill Attachments: Martin Row Cleaners, Martin Industries.
- Strip-Till Equipment: Blu-Jet StripTill System, Thurston Manufacturing.
- Spray Equipment: AGCO Spra-Coupe 7000 Series, AGCO.
- Residue Management: The Spreader, The Spreader Inc.
- Fertility: Agrotain, Agrotain International.
- Insect Protection: YieldGard VT Triple, Monsanto Co.
- Fungicides: Headline, BASF.
- Seed Treatment: Cruiser, Syngenta Seed Care.
- Precision Tools: RTK AutoSteer, AutoFarm.
- Weed Control: Roundup PowerMax, Monsanto Co.
“No-tillers really are a group that take considerable pride in learning about and knowing the products that give them a competitive edge in their management system,” says Darrell Bruggink, managing editor and publisher of No-Till Farmer and the Conservation Tillage Product Guide. “These companies really ought to consider these awards high praise considering they are coming from an innovative segment of the farming community.”
To learn more about the No-Till Product of the Year program or the National No-Tillage Conference, call Bruggink at 262-782-4480, ext. 420 or e-mail to [email protected].