AGCO Collects Five AE50 Awards
Innovative new technologies from AGCO Corp. have garnered five AE50 Awards from the American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers (ASABE) and were selected for their engineering innovation. The winning products include the ISOBUS compatible Challenger C Series track and articulated tractors, the company’s new series of high horsepower rowcrop tractors, Massey Ferguson 1600 Series compact tractors, the DynaFlex flexible cutterbar draper header and the AGCOMMAND telemetry system.
"These new products reflect AGCO Corporation’s tremendous, ongoing investment in engineering design and technology at our research and development facilities around the world," says Doug Griffin, vice president of marketing. "They are at the leading edge of many more customer-driven innovations AGCO is creating with the sole purpose of bringing to market products that help our agriculture customers improve their efficiency, productivity and profitability."
The AE50 award program is sponsored by Resource, the membership publication of the ASABE, to emphasize the role of new products and systems in bringing advanced technology to the marketplace.
- Challenger C Series first with ISOBUS convenience. AGCO’s winning Challenger® C Series track and articulated tractors are the first of their kind to combine robust ISOBUS 11783 compatibility with industry-leading power and performance as a standard feature. This new technology is included on the Challenger MT700C, MT800C & MT900C Series tractors and allows the controls for implements, such as planters, sprayers or guidance systems, to seamlessly integrate into the tractor systems.
- High horsepower rowcrop tractors stack many innovations. The high horsepower tractors from AGCO introduced in February 2009 extend the company’s product range into a new power sector-up to 275 PTO horsepower and 350 maximum ISO engine horsepower. The AGCO DT Series Generation B tractors, Challenger MT600C Series and Massey Ferguson 8600 Series tractors are the first in the world to feature e3 Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) clean air technology.
- MF 1600 Series compact tractors. The Massey Ferguson 1600 Series compact tractors offer six models and 22 configurations with the power, performance and comfort to meet exacting yet highly varied operator needs. They offer all-steel and cast iron construction for durability plus high-capacity performance with 35 to 60 engine HP and the choice of four easy-to-operate transmissions including the 8×8 SynchroShuttle, the 12×12 PowerShuttle, 12×12 DynaQPS and a three-range hydrostatic transmission.
- DynaFlex flex draper header improves harvest efficiency. The AGCO DynaFlex flexible draper header is the result of more than three years of research and development and was created specifically for Gleaner, Massey Ferguson, and Challenger model combines from 2003 and newer. It combines simple, practical engineering with advanced technologies to improve harvesting of soybeans, cereal crops, milo, and canola. The header features a 41-inch-wide draper conveying system which allows the crop heads to face the same direction, improving crop flow, feeding and threshing.
- AGCOMMAND telemetry system tracks and monitors. Many progressive farmers are looking for technology solutions to help monitor and control operating costs and reduce the burden of generating and maintaining farm equipment records. The AGCOMMAND telemetry system provides customers with a low-cost, easy-to-use data recording and management solution which can be installed on all machinery.