Conference Focuses On Agribusiness Professionals
The 2010 National Conference for Agribusiness will be held November 16-17 at Purdue University in West Lafayette, IN. The conference, designed to give agribusiness professionals an opportunity to explore how they can push boundaries and discover new ways to grow in various management areas, will feature a number of exciting sessions:
- Sam Rovit, head of global agribusiness practice at Bain & Co., will describe how agribusiness companies can outperform their competition by clearly identifying and defining their core business — what they do best.
- Purdue Professor Allan Gray will facilitate a guest industry panel focusing on capital market challenges, as seen through the eyes of a leading agricultural lender, a cooperative chief financial officer, and a large commercial producer.
- Carl Hausmann, managing director of global government and corporate affairs at Bunge Ltd., will present his company’s methods for embracing sustainability as part of their corporate strategy. Afterward, Professor Mike Boehlje will lead a panel discussion focusing on sustainability as an opportunity for growth and innovation. Panel experts will discuss how sustainability has transformed their daily business activities, from their communications and advertising promotions to their R&D and operational procedures.
- Purdue Professor Gebisa Ejeta, 2009 World Food Prize winner, will address agriculture’s responsibility for innovation. He will make a case for how agribusinesses can help revitalize agricultural research to improve the lives of the one billion people who still suffer chronic hunger.
- Professor Scott Downey will address techniques that sales teams can use to integrate their efforts and the obstacles they must overcome to be successful.
- Carolyn Wiethoff, associate professor at Indiana University, will present the latest research on the Millennial generation, and give agribusinesses tips on recruiting and retaining Millennials, as well as managing them after making the hire.
To learn how to register, click here.