The Agricultural Retailers Association (ARA) has created a new Web site and more opportunities for you to communicate with your friends in the industry.
“ARA’s new Web site offers expanded opportunities for members to access ARA information and communicate with each other through issue-focused online communities. It answers our board’s strategic direction to provide a better connection with our members online and gives our web presence a sleek and fresh new look,” said Daren Coppock, ARA President & Chief Executive Officer.
Here are some new Web site features.
Individual Profiles & Networks
- First, log into the Web site (gray button), and set up your individual profile.
- The more information you enter into your profile, the more ways the system can match you up with other people that have similar interests.
- If you need assistance, click on the “Getting Started” bar on the home page.
Blogs and Discussion Groups
- Post or comment on a blog. Here is your chance to share your thoughts and observations on a key issue with others in the industry.
- Is there something you would like advice on from others in the industry? Start a discussion.
- Elect to receive updates on the discussion through real-time email updates, a daily digest of messages, or check messages through the Web site.
- All ARA members are automatically subscribed to the “Ag Open Discussion” group.
- The more blogs, discussions and comments you post on the site, the more others will begin to recognize you and potentially seek your advice. It’s a great opportunity to enhance your personal brand. The adage of “It’s who you know” has never been more true than today.
- More networking opportunities — Don’t wait until the next farm show or conference to visit with your industry friends, connect with them now through the ARA Web site. In a few clicks, you can post messages to as many people as you wish.
- Share information you find on the site through your favorite social media tools.
Expanded Search Capabilities
- ARA has a significant library of files stored on the new website. If you’re looking for more information on a particular topic or issue, enter the key terms in the Web site search field (upper right-hand corner of the homepage) and retrieve all the documents archived in the site that contain these terms.
Newsroom and Event Calendar
- Find out about upcoming ARA events through our new event calendar. ARA plans to continue posting more information in this area as the year progresses.
- Check out the newsroom for the latest ARA video clips, press releases, member alerts and other industry news you need to know.
If you have questions regarding the website, contact the ARA office at 202-457-0825 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.