Equipment Technologies Unveils 2014 Apache Sprayers
At a press event held at the 2013 Farm Progress Show in Decatur, IL, Equipment Technologies (ET) announced the rollout of their 2014 line of Apache sprayers.
“We are redefining first-in-class with this model year. We are focused on the operator’s experience,” said Equipment Technologies CEO Matt Hays. “Equipment Technologies defines value as the precise balance of quality, reliability, profitability, and, most importantly, an operator experience exceeding expectations. It is an operator experience in the cab that is in balance with the mechanical operation and wet system efficiencies enjoyed by previous models. The results are owners who truly believe they have sacrificed nothing in their decision to purchase an Apache and, in fact, have gained a dependable, long-term partner for their operation.”
Cab enhancements offer operator creature comforts
Combining all the modern comforts of a farmer’s shop office with the latest cutting-edge technology, ET created an ergonomic cab delivering the application advantage at the fingertips of the operator. ET’s veteran engineers took time to listen to customer needs and investigate all conceptual angles in order to elevate the operator’s experience. The redesigned cab comes standard with the new ET Pilot System, encompassing our innovative thinking and providing operators a new, efficient way to spray.
“We transformed the operator experience into a more efficient one,” said ET’s Director of Engineering Chad Ringer. “Our team listened to owners, simplified current technology, and created an ergonomic atmosphere well-suited for today’s grower. This year’s cab is a new chapter for the Apache sprayer.”
ET Pilot System with ISOBUS technology on-board
Equipped with preinstalled dashboard apps displayed on a 7″ interactive color touchscreen, the ET Pilot System puts you in total control. Swipe the screen left to right to track transmission, fuel economy, slope readouts and track your Cummins engine torque output. See behind you with a rearview camera. Run a diagnostics report of the machine’s transmission, precision options and additional vital components. Set two different cruise control speeds—all with the push of a finger.
Field computer compatibility headaches are now a thing of the past. Newly equipped in all 2014 Apache sprayer cabs, “plug-and-play” ISOBUS technology allows owners to connect any ISOBUS-compatible field computer system to the ET Pilot System. This innovative technology allows customers to use one field computer system of their choice, and adds value, quality, and efficiency to the customer’s operation.
New standard design enhancements for all 2014 Apache models include:
- Operator foot throttle. A secondary throttle for going up hills, maneuvering around the farm, or while in reverse without manually shifting up gears while in automatic transmission mode.
- New audio-infotainment system. PolkTM audio FM/AM/WB/AUX system with four Jensen HP speakers, digital media USB jack, SiriusXMTM and Bluetooth ready.
- Re-optimized HVAC. New vent locations surround the 2014 Apache interior cab with automatic climate control for ultimate operator comfort.
- Multiple in-cab storage compartments. Increased cab storage for documents, tablet or smartphone devices. In addition, a portable cooler underneath the buddy seat.
- HYPRO Express End Caps. These nozzle body end caps include a passive feature that eliminates the trapped air by allowing the air to escape through the nozzle body.
- Beacon light added to cab roof. Allows better warning of machine on roadways at night, increasing operator safety.
- Michelin Agriculture Tires. Owners can choose from a lineup of Michelin tires for their 2014 Apache.
New customizable factory-installed options for all 2014 Apache models include:
- Premium operator seat. Upgrade to a custom leather seat with heated seat controls for those cold mornings.
- Fill station flow meter. Track how much product is added to the machine tank with Raven’s Flow Max.
- HYPRO CleanLoad chemical eductor. This new eductor improves proper chemical mixture for application.
- Grote high-output lighting package. Aluminum-housed LED lights with estimated bulb lifetime of 42,500 hours.
- Raven Viper 4 field computer. The latest field computer from Raven Industries is added to our precision lineup.
Introducing year two bumper-to-bumper extended warranty
For 2014 and newer models, Equipment Technologies is offering to extend our comprehensive bumper-to-bumper warranty that would carry over to year two of our already industry-leading 5-year warranty. This extended warranty must be agreed upon and paid for before machine delivery. For those owners who are looking to trade after a couple of spray seasons, this extended warranty will protect your Apache from bumper-to-bumper and fence row nozzle to fence row nozzle.