Kinze Releases Sugarbeet Planter
Kinze Manufacturing, Inc. has announced the release of a new planter for sugarbeets – the 3700, 24-row, 22-inch model. Available with bulk fill seed hoppers or conventional hoppers, the 3700 allows sugarbeet farmers to maximize field efficiency with the Kinze bulk fill system.
“The Kinze EdgeVac vacuum meter can singulate pelletized sugarbeet seed with up to 99.1% accuracy,” says Susanne Kinzenbaw Veatch, Kinze vice president and chief marketing officer. “We’re proud to offer this outstanding accuracy to sugarbeet growers.”
The 3700 model features:
- Bulk fill hoppers or conventional hoppers depending on farmer preference, allowing maximum field efficiency from the Kinze bulk fill system;
- ISO monitor compatibility to allow farmers to “plug and play” with ISO-ready displays, which simplifies setup and cab clutter;
- New Kinze seed tube sensors to allow the operator to monitor and measure seed skips, multiples and spacing on the display;
- A 300-gallon, planter-mounted liquid fertilizer tank to allow farmers to apply low-rate or pop-up fertilizer without the need for tractor-mounted or towed tanks; and
- Hydraulic seed drive, which allows farmers to adjust the planting rate on the monitor and to utilize prescription seed mapping to automatically change the planting rate.
Other available options include an electric clutch package to minimize seed overlap and total seed input costs, half-rate (2 to 1) drive reduction, a rear trailer hitch to allow farmers to pull fertilizer tanks behind, and pneumatic down pressure to create on-the-go down pressure adjustment to match field conditions.
This planter also can be used to plant corn and soybeans in 22-inch rows for increased mechanical efficiency with all three crops.