United Cooperative Awards Scholarships
United Cooperative, based in Beaver Dam with locations throughout Wisconsin, introduced their 27, $1,000 scholarship winners during their annual meeting and informational meetings the week of April 15.
Seventeen of the scholarships were awarded to students majoring in an agricultural field, and three were designated to students attending a technical school or short-course program. The remainder was presented to a mixture of majors.
Applicants were judged on their leadership skills, scholastic achievement, extra-curricular activities, motivation, and academic and personal goals. To be eligible, the student or the parent had to be a patron member of United Cooperative; the student must attend an accredited college, university, or technical school; and the student must maintain a GPA of 2.0 or above on a 4.0 scale. All applications were judged by the Wisconsin Federated Youth Foundation.
The 2013 United Cooperative scholarship recipients:
- Aaron Ganske, Beaver Dam, son of Douglas and Susan Ganske.
- Allison Schulz, Iron Ridge, daughter of Douglas and Rebecca Schulz.
- Andrew Sell, Watertown, son of Rodney and Susan Sell.
- Bobbi Kilian-Hovey, Sauk City, daughter of Dr. Karla Kilian and Joe Noltner.
- Brad Warmka, Fox Lake, son of Russ and Laura Warmka.
- Bradley Griswold, Ixonia, son of Kevin and Christine Griswold.
- Cassandra Isaac, Eldorado, daughter of Joe and Lori Isaac.
- Cody Zimmerman, Fox Lake, son of Dean and Karla Zimmerman.
- Colleen VanDeurzen, Luxemburg, daughter of David and Diane VanDeurzen.
- Dylan Siewert, Randolph, son of Dan and Deb Siewert.
- Edison Geis, Deerfield, son of Steven and Jennifer Geis.
- Elizabeth Endres, Waunakee, daughter of Steve and Kathy Endres.
- Jack Carroll, Hartford, son of Dan and Pattie Carroll.
- Janelle Remington, Juneau, daughter of Richard and Gail Remington.
- Jennifer Michel, Waterloo, daughter of Mark and Emily Michel.
- Kendra Gohr, Sobieski, daughter of Dennis and Jane Gohr.
- Lucas Tourdot, Reedsburg, son of Jerome and Cynthia Tourdot.
- Mandi Minniecheske, Tigerton, daughter of Paul and Amy Minniecheske.
- Maximilian Soda, Princeton, son of Kevin and Mary Soda.
- Mitchell Giebel, Lyndon Station, son of Ernest and Denise Giebel.
- Mitchell Propst, Beaver Dam, son of Robert and Brenda Propst.
- Rachel Perry, Waupun, daughter of Tim Perry and Amy Christopherson.
- Rachel Voelz, Leopolis, daughter of Leroy and Sherry Voelz.
- Ryan Broedlow, Helenville, son of Kevin and Holly Broedlow.
- Samantha Van Deurzen, De Pere, daughter of Peter and Nicole Van Deurzen.
- Sara Kaczmarek, Green Bay, daughter of Stan Kaczmarek and Lori Beine.
- Seth Van Krey, Horicon, son of David and Jackie Van Krey.