Jim Spradlin, GROWMARK Vice President, Agronomy, announced organizational changes in the Agronomy Division, effective March 16, 2013:
- Ron Milby is named Executive Director, Agronomy Marketing, responsible for developing and executing comprehensive agronomy marketing strategies. Milby served as Seed Division manager since 2000. He joined the System in 1987 in Systems and Programming, led the System’s precision farming efforts, and served as lead in agronomy marketing and agronomy services.
- Lance Ruppert is named Agronomy Marketing and Implementation Manager, reporting to Milby. Ruppert has served as Seed District Sales Manager, Crop Protection Marketing Manager and, most recently, Seed Sales and Marketing Manager.
- Mark Thornsbrough will replace Milby as Seed Division manager. Thornsbrough has 26 years of service in the GROWMARK System with experience as Crop Protection Division manager, Northern Region marketing director, Forage and Turf Department manager, and a crop specialist at a local FS company.
- Matt Hynes is named Seed Sales and Marketing Manager. Hynes joined the System in 1979 as a crop specialist at Marshall-Putnam Oil Company, now AgView FS. His professional experience also includes agronomy/energy marketing manager in Storm Lake, IA, Northern Region Seed Sales Agronomist, general manager of Vermilion, now Illini FS; FS Seed DSM, Seed Marketing Manager, and most recently, Director, Agronomy Marketing.
- Dr. Jeff Bunting will take over as Crop Protection Division Manager. He joined the System in 2004, serving in various positions, including Regional Seed Agronomist, Weed Science Technical Manager, FS Corn Product Manager, and Crop Protection Marketing Manager.