The CHS Foundation has awarded 75 $1,000 scholarships to college students studying agriculture. This year’s recipients include 50 high school seniors and 25 two-year college students from 28 states. The CHS Foundation is the major giving entity of CHS Inc., a farmer-owned cooperative and a global energy, grains and foods company.
“The CHS Foundation values the opportunity to help build the next generation of leaders in the production, science, technology and business of agriculture,” says William J. Nelson, CHS Foundation president. “We are proud to support these promising students who will play an important role in shaping the future of agriculture.”
An independent, external committee selected recipients based on their career goals, essays, extracurricular involvement, transcripts and reference letters. See below for a complete list of high school and two-year college scholarship recipients and the institutions they will attend.
- Chandler Mulvaney, Chattahoochee Valley Community College.
- Alexander Schaller, University of Arizona.
- Rhett Bergman, California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo.
- Joshua Dowell, California State University, Fresno.
- Johan Eide, California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo.
- Daphne Norman, California State University, Chico.
- Angelica Smith, California State University, Fresno.
- Kody Anderson, Northeastern Junior College.
- Laura Gerk, Northeastern Junior College.
- Taylor Duzik, Colorado Northwestern Community College.
- Ryan Ernst, Colorado State University.
- Rachael Latta, Colorado State University.
- Mary Beth Lenz, the University of Wyoming.
- Heather Slattery, the University of Connecticut.
- Jennifer Swain, South Florida State College.
- Tyler Willingham, Georgia Perimeter College.
- Samantha Strickland, Abraham Baldwin Agriculture College.
- Katie Backs, the University of Illinois.
- Tyler Johnson, Black Hawk College East.
- Christin Kettler, Purdue University.
- Connor Scheumann, Purdue University.
- Cory Sullivan, Purdue University.
- Mackenzie Felt, Indian Hills Community College.
- Madison Kirchmann, Northeast Iowa Community College.
- Hannah Riensche, Cornell University.
- Mariah Schmitt, Iowa State University.
- Cooper Clawson, Kansas State University.
- Emily Hartzog, Louisiana Tech University.
- Jacob Hall, Michigan State University.
- Brent Fischer, South Central College.
- Lisa Johnson, South Central College.
- Anna Culbertson, the University of Minnesota.
- Kelly Morrison, South Dakota State University.
- Abby Resch, the University of Minnesota.
- Brandon Roiger, the University of Minnesota.
- Rochelle Widmer, Gustavus Adolphus College.
- Matthew Pokojski, Kaskaskia College.
- Jarrek Rankin, Linn State Technical College.
- Britton Francis, Fort Scott Community College.
- Miriam Martin, the University of Missouri.
- Samuel McDonald, the University of Missouri.
- Morgan Bredthauer, Nebraska College of Technical Agriculture.
- Tevyn Baldwin, the University of Wyoming.
- Eleanor Wagner, the University of Nebraska.
- Jenna Brown, the University of New Hampshire.
- Nathaniel Kimball-Barr, the University of New Hampshire.
- Brendan Knoll, University of Findlay.
- Zachary Wilson, Southeastern Community College.
- Kaylyn Groce, Oklahoma State University.
- Jacob Lardy, North Dakota State University.
- Jessica Long, North Dakota State University.
- Cassandra Glazer, Ohio State Agricultural Technical Institute.
- Frankie Grum, Ohio State Agricultural Technical Institute.
- Douglas Seger, Ohio State Agricultural Technical Institute.
- Jonathan Ursich, Ohio State Agricultural Technical Institute.
- Abigail VanTyne, Ohio State Agricultural Technical Institute.
- Briana Keyes, Morehead State.
- Erika Bentz, Colorado State University.
- Elizabeth Renner, Augustana College.
- Gretchen Rops, Dordt College.
- Brady Arthur, Blinn College- Brehnam Campus.
- Leah Bauer, Texas A&M University.
- Hannah Kelley, Tarleton State University.
- Shelby Kilpatrick, Texas A&M University.
- Joanna Swindoll, West Texas A&M University.
- Allyson Thompson, Stephen F. Austin State University.
- Whitney Bowman, Virginia Tech.
- Brittany Bowman, Virginia Tech.
- Ava Petersen, the University of Nebraska.
- Grace Curran, the University of Wisconsin-River Falls.
- Jessica Pralle, the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Elizabeth Wanninger, the University of Minnesota.
- Alison Wedig, the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- William Dalles, Casper College.
- Aubree Thomas, Casper College.