Bobby Knight, Richard Petty To Highlight Ag PhD Field Day
The Ag PhD Field Day will be held July 24 on Hefty Farm near Baltic, SD.
The goal of the field day, according to the Ag PhD Website, is for attendees to learn as much as they can in one day about new and current technologies so they can increase their profits and yields on their farm. Brian and Darren Hefty will showcase field plots and demos, educational sessions, corn and soybean yield champs discussing their strategies and some hands-on activities.
Attendees will also be entertained during the day. During an early morning session, legendary basketball coach Bobby Knight will make an appearance for a meet and greet. Then, race car driver Richard Petty, “The King”, will be speaking later in the morning, and you will have photo opportunities with Richard and the #43 car.
Here are some of the other reasons to attend the Ag PhD Field Day:
- Other RFD-TV and Rural Radio shows broadcasting live from the Field Day site. You can also meet many of the stars of RFD-TV and Rural Radio, as well as talk to Patrick Gottsch, owner and founder of Rural America’s Most Important Network.
- Hands-on activities. This will include pulling actual soil tests and plant tissue analysis.
- Great learning sessions. Focus will be on corn, soybean, wheat and specialty crop growers.
- Dozens of plots and new technologies. Darren and Brian will be showing you these plots and talking through what they’re learning.
- Brian vs. Darren vs. special guest’s plot area. The Field Day corn last year topped 300 bushels per acre.
- Ride & Drive and live demonstrations.
- Live tiling installation.
- Aerial performance of Vanguard Squadron. These planes are fueled with ethanol.
- Live Ag PhD Radio Show.
- Equipment demos.
- Kids’ Activities. Inflatables and other kids’ games for kids will be available, as well as activities focused on crop education and farm safety.
- Health Screening.
- Estate Planning. Presentation will feature one of the top estate planning lawyers in the U.S.
Last year’s field included farmers from 26 states, twoCanadian provinces and several other foreign countries.
Click here to register, and mark your calendar today for the Ag PhD Field Day.