Continuing its strategy of aggressive growth, Nufarm Americas Inc. is making a major push into the growing seed treatment market.
Nufarm introduces several new seed treatments, giving it a full portfolio of brands to protect seeds and young crops from insects, stress, and disease.
“We see great opportunities in seed treatment,” says Tim Stoehr, director of sales for Nufarm seed treatment. “With our global reach, and over 20 years experience in seed treatment, we can bring the American seed industry proven products with outstanding formulations, and do it at a good value.”
Nufarm’s growth in seed treatment has been rapid; the company introduced Senator, its first U.S. seed treatment brand, in 2008. By the end of 2009, Stoehr expects to have 15 products available for use. “We have been able to leverage our worldwide expertise, along with our U.S.-based team of researchers, to bring a wide range of products to market very quickly, “ he says, “including a range of nutritional seed treatments that are compatible with insecticide and fungicide seed treatment products.”
New products Nufarm has introduced this year include:
- Sativa 318 FS: (tebuconazole) a broad-spectrum fungicide treatment that protects against wide range of diseases in cereal grains, soybeans, and other crops.
- Sativa M RTU: (tebuconazole and metalaxyl) a convenient ready-to-pour formulation designed for easy on-farm treatment.
- Sativa IM RTU: (tebuconazole, imidacloprid and metalaxyl) r extremely broad-spectrum disease and insect control.
- Sativa IM Max: (tebuconazole, imidacloprid and metalaxyl) higher imidacloprid load extends early-season insect control.
- Signet 480 FS: (metalaxyl) a fungicide treatment for control of damping-off, Phytophthora, and other soil-borne diseases in a broad range of crops.
- Spera 240 FS: (myclobutanil) fungicide seed treatment for sore shin and black root rot in cotton.
- Existing products include Senator 600 FS (imidacloprid) for systemic, early-season insect control and Sebring 2.65 ST (metalaxyl), for systemic control of Pythium and Phytophthora.
Nufarm Americas Inc., which is headquartered in Burr Ridge, IL, is one of the largest and fastest-growing crop protection companies in the United States. The company has 160 employees in the U.S. and about 2,600 worldwide.