ARA,TFI Select ResponsibleAg Board Of Directors
The Agricultural Retailers Association (ARA) and The Fertilizer Institute (TFI) have announced the selection of individuals to serve on the newly formed ResponsibleAg Board of Directors. The nine representatives include:
- Alicia Duke, Director, Health and Safety, Simplot.
- Justin Gough, Director, Agricultural Products, LSB/El Dorado Chemical Co.
- Dave Ito, Manager, Human Resources & Regulatory Affairs, Lyman/Tremont Group.
- Pete Mutschler, Environmental and Safety Director, CHS Inc.
- Tim McArdle, Executive Vice President & COO, Brandt Consolidated, Inc.
- Rosemary O’Brien, Vice President, Public Affairs, CF Industries, Inc.
- Billy Pirkle, Sr. Director, Environmental, Health & Safety, CPS.
- Scott Rawlins, Director, Regulatory & Governmental Affairs, Wilbur-Ellis Co.
- Rod Wells, Manager, Plant Food Division, GROWMARK, Inc.
ResponsibleAg is an independent, not-for-profit organization designed to support fertilizer retailers’ compliance with federal safety and security regulations. Under ResponsibleAg, retail fertilizer dealerships will have access to comprehensive inspections based on federal regulatory requirements. The inspections will be carried out by trained auditors who will have successfully completed an intensive training course based on the objectives of ResponsibleAg.
“We are pleased to have named the representatives who will lead this groundbreaking safety and security initiative forward,” said TFI President Chris Jahn. “I am confident the Board’s broad spectrum of knowledge and experience will contribute to the success of ResponsibleAg.”
“Engaging these key industry leaders is a critical step as ResponsibleAg continues to develop and evolve,” said ARA President and CEO Daren Coppock. “We are privileged to have volunteers committed to making this initiative a success.”
The Board of Directors will hold its first meeting on May 5 at the offices of Asmark, Inc., in Owensboro, KY. During its first meeting, the board will adopt ResponsibleAg bylaws, create an annual operating budget, elect officers and begin the selection process for a business manager to oversee day-to-day operations of ResponsibleAg. After the board meeting, the new directors will tour the auditor training facility site, which is also located in Owensboro.