7 Safety Tips For Transporting Anhydrous Ammonia
Be sure to follow these safety tips when hauling anhydrous ammonia.
November 9, 2012
Farmers Cooperative in Ames, IA, provides the following safety checklist to use each time you haul anhydrous ammonia:
- Are you using locking hitch pins?
- Is the nurse tank secured with a safety chain?
- Is the applicator tool bar equipped with a breakaway coupler that is in good physical condition?
- Always use a withdrawal hose of the correct length – long enough to allow turning but not so long it can get caught up in the equipment.
- Never secure the withdrawal hose in a way that impedes the operation of the coupling device.
- Regularly inspect hoses and valves and replace them as needed.
- Is all low-pressure tubing securely clamped and free of pinches, nicks, weak spots and leaks?
Source: Farmers Cooperative