2012 State Environmental Respect Award Winners Announced
Farm suppliers in 28 states have been recognized with the industry’s highest recognition for environmental stewardship.
April 2, 2012
Twenty-eight top farm supply retail businesses have been selected as Environmental Respect Award (ERA) state winners in the U.S. for 2012. Winners were selected March 28 in Willoughby, OH. The winners are (alphabetized by state):
- Crop Production Services — Summerdale, AL
- Helena Chemical Co. — Bay, AR
- Crop Production Services — Coolidge, AZ
- Mid Valley Agricultural Services, Inc. — Livingston, CA
- Wilbur-Ellis Co. — Monte Vista, CO
- Growmark FS — Milford, DE
- Crop Production Services — Americus, GA
- Crop Production Services — Kunia, HI
- JR Simplot Co. — Caldwell, ID
- Crop Production Services — Oakland, IL
- Crop Production Services — Delphi, IN
- Crop Production Services — Union, IA
- Wilbur-Ellis Co. — Leona, KS
- Crop Production Services — Pocomoke City, MD
- Andersons Litchfield Farm Center — Litchfield, MI
- Crop Production Services — Harmony, MN
- Crop Production Services — Leland, MS
- Helena Chemical Co. — Hayti, MO
- Crop Production Services — McCook, NE
- Crop Production Services — Albemarle, NC
- Wilbur-Ellis Co. — Grand Forks, ND
- Crop Production Services — Hatch, NM
- Crop Production Services — Greenville, OH
- Bluestern Aerial Sprayers, LLC — Cushing, OK
- Crop Production Services — Holtwood, PA
- Helena Chemical Co. — Alamo, TN
- Crop Production Services — Uvalde, TX
- Wilbur-Ellis Co. — Pasco, WA
The Environmental Respect Awards are the agricultural industry’s highest recognition for environmental stewardship among U.S. agricultural retailers, those who serve farmers and ranchers with the nutrients, pest control and agronomic information critical to effective crop production.
A panel of industry experts gathers each year to recognize achievement in environmental stewardship, professional excellence, and community involvement. The winners above won the award based on evidence of excellence in site design, in-plant storage and handling procedures, emergency preparedness and response, proper application and leadership in safety and stewardship among customers and employees.
Members of the 2012 selection committee were, Dr. Raymond Forney, DuPont Crop Protection Global Stewardship, Wilmington, DE; Jeff Green, DuPont Crop Protection; Michelle Hummel, Agricultural Retailers Association, Washington, DC; Kathy Mathers, The Fertilizer Institute, Washington, DC; Mike Wilson, Wabash Valley Farm Service, Browns, IL; Steve Mossbarger, Crop Production Services, Washington Court House, OH; Doug Busdecker, The Andersons, Inc., Maumee, OH; and Paul Schrimpf, CropLife magazine, Willoughby, OH.
Each state winner will receive the distinctive ERA personalized crystal sculpture, a statewide press campaign geared toward select print and broadcast media, and a public relations kit.
The winning agribusinesses also compete for regional Environmental Respect Awards. The regional winners will be announced in mid-April and will receive their trophies in Washington, DC, during a special ceremony at the U.S. Capitol.
For more information on the ERA program, click here.