Fiberglass & Steel
Precision Tank & Equipment's new Ligonier plant offers customers more options for their tank needs.
June 8, 2010
On May 14, Precision Tank & Equipment formally opened its newest manufacturing facility. Located in Ligonier, IN, the new plant contains 30,000 square feet of manufacturing and office space, with 60% dedicated to producing the first fiberglass tanks in the company’s 45-year history. The other 40% of the facility is being used to manufacture mild and stainless steel tanks.
According to Doff Fugate, Ligonier plant foreman, fiberglass tanks offer several advantages for customers vs. their steel counterparts. They are designed to eliminate the effects of fertilizer and chemical corrosion, feature an ultraviolet-resistant gel coat exterior so they never have to be repainted, and are 60% lighter with a higher strength-to-weight ratio than steel tanks. Initially, the company is making fiberglass tanks in five sizes, ranging from 12,000 gallons to 30,000 gallons.
At the grand opening, CropLife® Editor Eric Sfiligoj and Account Manager Dan Ulrich were on hand to document what the plant looks like up close.