Introducing Our New Web Site
CropLife Media Group has launched a new redesigned Web site, CropLife.com. Here's a quick rundown of some of its newest features and tools.
October 26, 2011
Today is an exciting day for the CropLife Media Group (CLMG). We launched our shiny, brand new web site: CropLife.com. The new site houses CLMG's sister publications, CropLife and CropLife IRON magazines, and is designed to put the information ag retailers need to run their businesses — right at their finger tips.
There are some cool things on the new site ... well, actually there are a lot of cool things ... but here are just a few to get you started:
- New Navigation. The site's improved navigation includes topic-focused subsections to allow retailers to quickly drill down to subjects they are looking for, a feature preferred by many retailers who have already given the site a trial run.
- Better Search. Users have the ability to easily refine search results. Filter by relevancy, date, and article/video to quickly find the information you desire.
- Related Content. Links to other relevant articles and videos are prominently featured throughout the new CropLife.com, including on our top story "widgets" and on every article page. These links offer more headlines related to topics of interest, providing users a more rewarding online experience.
- Most Viewed/Most Commented Lists. View the most popular headlines on CropLife.com via our Most Viewed/Most Commented lists featured in the right-hand column and throughout the site. Discover which articles and videos our users found most interesting.
- Streaming Video. Users can browse videos by category to easily find the latest industry interviews, event coverage, and new product launches. Visitors can also share CropLife.com videos through social media and even embed the content on their own sites.
- Social Media. You can participate in the latest conversations about agriculture via our AgChat Twitter feed, as well as follow discussions on precision agriculture on our exclusive online forum, the PrecisionAg Network.
- Enhanced CropLife 100. Long considered one of CLMG's most popular features in CropLife magazine, the new online CropLife 100 database allows users to filter the exclusive ranking of the largest U.S. ag retailers by revenue range and crop input type. Visitors can also view historical rankings, as well as 100 company profiles.
- Searchable Crop Protection Database. The online Crop Protection Database features information on more than 1,800 active ingredients and 13,000 brand names. Data includes Action/Use, Toxicity, Premix Partners, Mode of Action, and more. Users can search by brand name or active ingredient.
- Post A Comment. If an article piques your interest or makes you think of something, you can add it to the article. We found this to be a great tool to allow our audience to participate in the content — not just consume it. To post a comment, simply enter your name and e-mail.
So be sure to explore the new Web site to check out these features and whole lot more. We want it to be everything ag retailers need to help them manage their businesses. Please tell us what you think by e-mailing any constructive comments or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org, or simply use our comment box below.
CropLife Media Group