6 Ways Agrium Is Ensuring Product Responsibility
Agrium is committed to ensuring the safe and effective use of its products.
December 28, 2010
Agrium regularly examines the lifecycle of its products to understand their broader impacts. The company is committed to managing the environmental, community and safety impacts of its extraction and production processes.
Here are six ways Agrium is ensuring the safe and effective use of its products, according to the company's Web site:
- Agrium has entered into numerous partnerships with employees, customers, industry associations, governments and communities to encourage the responsible management and use of our products and services. See nutrient stewardship.
- Agrium is developing products (e.g., controlled release nitrogen) for global markets that build best management practices into the product.
- Agrium's products endure product testing for quality and consistency.
- Agrium has assembled a Product Stewardship Committee to research and recommend appropriate measures for providing customers with information.
- Agrium employs more than 475 Certified Crop Advisors who work directly with growers to customize safe and effective crop management programs. They also employ agronomists who work with researchers to develop and refine best management practices.
- Agrium posts all of its material safety data sheets (MSDS) on its Web site.